2.21.2008

Just thinking...

I find myself thinking alot of Kate... thinking about when she gets older, her personality, her milestones, what color hair she will have, will she like it short or long, what will her favorite movie be, how will she react when she is happy, excited, scared, sad, or mad, what kind of sister she will be. I also think about her safety and how i want her to stay my little girl forever, so i could protect her. I don't want to send her off into the crazy world. I don't want her to experience pain or heartache. Then i realize that was probably the same thing my parents thought when i was young, but i turned out ok...
I just love the simplicity of little ones. Their smile, their laugh, the way they reach out to you when they want to be held, the way they look at you, their total dependence on their parents. I love to watch Kate play with her toys... she is very precise and knows when she presses a certain button the toy lights up. She will sit there and press the button constantly so the light will stay on. Then she pushes it away as if she is asking for a challange, then she reaches and reaches for it until she falls on her tummy... but that doesn't stop her... she is persistent and she is trying so had to crawl.
I love that babies are so teachable. Kate listens so intently, it seems to me that she wants to learn everything and anything i try to teach her. And then she loves to show off her latest discovery... like when she learned to wave... thats all she did, even when no one was watching! Lately she has started to become shy... she wants to wave to the people at the other table in the restaurant, but she shyly smiles and buries her face into my shoulder. Afterwhich she starts to play the peek-a-boo game. She is understanding a lot more also, she knows what "ouch" and "no" means...
I just can't get enough of this little girl... she is into hugging right now which i absolutely LOVE! I'll sit her on my lap and she'll look at me, smile and dive into my chest with her arms spread wide and then she'll squeeze. It melts my heart! I am so grateful to be a mom to such a beautiful, sweet, loving girl! My hope is that she stays that way forever! Love you Kate!

1 comment:

Linda LaPierre said...

How sweet was that! You were "right on" about everything you said...kids really never know what a parent goes through until they have kids of their own...Kate is very blessed, indeed, to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy who love her so much. She's beautiful and so are you! Love you. Aunt Linda xoxox