8.27.2008

Mom's Haircut...

Mom came down to Vegas on Monday night to pick up my cousin, Wendy, from the airport. On her way here she took a wrong turn and somehow ended up at the Fremont Street Experience in Old Downtown Vegas... She called and i got her back en route of my house. We hung out and talked until we had to pick up Wendy at 12:35 am. The next day they both spent the day with me, which i was grateful for. We had fun going to shops and hanging around the house. In the morning i had tried to convince my mom to get her hair cut. She's had the same do for over 25 years. I thought it was time for a change. I've tried to convince her before, but she would always politely decline and would always assure me that she was going to get it cut soon. Well i pushed alot when she was here and she consented with a smile. I took her to my stylist and long time friend. Mom was so nervous and almost cried cause i was forcing her to cut it. Sorry mom, thanks for putting up wit me. Well, it got cut, she almost cried again, and was in complete shock. She said she hated it and she said she just wanted to chop it all off and do a boy cut with spikes, seriously mom? Heck no! This looks great on you!!! ... then on our way home she said, it actually feels really good, i want it short , i do. Then we were outside playing with kate, and she said i think i like it. haha... I'm sure it will take her time to get used to it, sorry Michelle for putting you through that... i should i thought about it more and not forced my mom... i feel really bad, but i think michelle made my mom more beautiful than i've ever seen her! And she looks way younger too! She put her sunglasses on and i was like, whoa! you look like your 35! I hope she ends up loving it, i think she will over the next couple weeks... What do you think?

The before look (and if you need a better before pic, you can scan my blog...) :


The After Look:











Mom, you're the best!!! Thanks for being such a good sport.

3 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

whoa! way different but cute, but yeah she gonna have to get us to it, glad you got her to do it :)

Kris said...

I think your mom's hair looks great and the best thing about hair is if you don't like it...it always grows back. I'm also glad to know that you were in Cali this weekend....I half way worry when you don't post for days!!! I always check your blog and love the pics and updates....Kate is adorable! Love you....

Brittany Seager said...

i LOVE it.! it is hard to get use to short hair if your use to having it long... but i think its so cute!